100 MB is equivalent to 0.1 GB of data and MB stands for Mega Byte. The smallest plan at US Mobile is 100 MB, and you have to be a light user in order to suffice with that amount of data per month, or remain connected to WiFi for most of your online activity. If you use lots of data, our unlimited data plan might fit you better.
What Can You Do with 100 MB?
As mentioned, 100 MB won’t be enough if you’re a heavy data user on the go. To give some perspective, 100 MB of data will be enough to:
- Send and receive 100 text emails, including attachments.
- Browsing the web for approx. four hours, without downloading pictures and videos.
- Use Waze or Google Maps for one hour of navigation.
- Enjoy streaming music for about 1 hr and 20 min.
Every time you connect to the internet, you’re using your cellular data unless you’re connected to a WiFi hotspot. If you want to turn off your cellular data when you’re on the go, do the following:
- Go to Settings – Cellular
- Flick the switch for “Cellular Data”, to turn it off.
Unlimited WiFi Plan*
Another alternative to making due with a low data plan is to get a WiFi Plan. US Mobile offers an unlimited Wi-Fi plan, which works in the air and on the ground. For $10 you get unlimited WiFi for a 30 day period. Get inflight WiFi.
*no longer available