Setting up a Hotspot or tethering lets you share the cellular data connection of your phone or device with other phones or devices when you don’t have access to a Wi-Fi network. All our Custom Plans on either network allow tethering. With Unlimited Plans only the ones that expressly state that they support Hotspot will allow tethering or connected devices on Hotspot
Setting up Hotspot on an iPhone
- Go to Settings > Cellular
- Tap Personal Hotspot, then tap the slider to turn it on
- You can connect to this Hotspot using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or USB.
Setting up Hotspot on an Android
- Go to Settings > More > Tethering and Portable Hotspot
- Tap Set up Wi-Fi hotspot
- The Network name, Security type, and Password are displayed and can be edited. Users will need this information to connect to the Wi-Fi network
- To enable the hotspot, tap to enable the Portable Wi-Fi hotspot switch.
Setting up Hotspot on a Windows
- On the Start menu, swipe over to the All apps list, then select Settings > Network & wireless > Mobile hotspot
- For Share my cellular data connection over, choose Wi-Fi
- Select Edit > type a new network name and password > Save
Turn on Share my cellular data connection with other devices.