Setting up Wi-Fi calling on Android is easy. First, check whether the provider you are with has the WiFi Calling feature (US Mobile offers it on our GSM LTE network). Then follow the steps below to enable WiFi calling on your Android device.
How to turn on WiFi Calling
To set up Wi-Fi calling on most Android phones:
- Go to Wireless and Network Settings.
- Select More or More Networks
- Find Wi-Fi Calling and turn it on
Your phone is now ready for Wi-Fi calls. You’ll want to configure your Wi-Fi preferences for calling now.
Setting WiFi Calling Preferences
To set your calling preferences:
- Click on Wi-Fi calling (not the green slider button)
- Click on Connection preferences
- Choose from one of the options below:
- WiFi preferred—this will make the phone connect to WiFi when there is both cellular and WiFi
- Cellular preferred—this will make the phone connect to cellular when there is both cellular and WiFi
- Never use cellular network – Your phone will only use Wi-Fi networks for calls.
Learn more about how WiFi calling works over here.