Setting up Wi-Fi calling on Android is easy. Follow the steps below to enable WiFi calling on your Android device.
How to turn on WiFi Calling
To set up Wi-Fi calling on most Android phones:
- Go to Wireless and Network Settings.
- Select More or More Networks
- Find Wi-Fi Calling and turn it on
Your phone is now ready for Wi-Fi calls. You’ll want to configure your Wi-Fi preferences for calling now.
Setting WiFi Calling Preferences
To set your calling preferences:
- Click on Wi-Fi calling (not the green slider button)
- Click on Connection preferences
- Choose from one of the options below:
- WiFi preferred—this will make the phone connect to WiFi when there is both cellular and WiFi
- Cellular preferred—this will make the phone connect to cellular when there is both cellular and WiFi
- Never use cellular network – Your phone will only use Wi-Fi networks for calls.
Learn more about how WiFi calling works over here.